What You'll Get
- $25 for one ticket to see Public Enemy (up to $32.85 value)
- When: Friday, December 27, at 9 p.m.
- Where: The Ballroom at Warehouse Live
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Rank on Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest Artists of All Time": 44
- Why?: "No one has been able to approach the political power that Public Enemy brought to hip-hop... Chuck D grabs you by the collar and makes you listen."—Adam Yauch, Rolling Stone
- Essential albums: It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Fear of a Black Planet
- Essential tracks: "Fight the Power," which also became the theme song for Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing; "Bring the Noise;" 911 Is a Joke"
- Essential giant-clock-wearers: the effervescent Flavor Flav, who serves as hype man to MC Chuck D and occasionally conducts
- Recent endeavors: a duo of albums in 2012–The Evil Empire of Everything and Most of My Heroes Still Don't Appear On No Stamp
- What AllMusic.com says about Most of My Heroes Still Don't Appear On No Stamp: "[the album exposes] an ugly truth: 20-plus years and a black president in the White House later, things still haven't changed all that much in America... this is the sound of true believers who give not a damn about fashion."
Named after its former life as a 1920s era warehouse, Warehouse Live has traded the steady hum of industrial machines for the solid roar of music-crazy crowds. Before even setting foot within, guests can get an idea of the venue's energy by noting the 20-foot marquee towering above the street at the entrance, flashing its vintage neon welcoming. The venue's two spaces cater to groups of all sizes, from 1,500-person concerts to 50-person parties and very awkward, very expensive first dates. Full bars throughout pour a menu of cocktails and beer to keep limbs limber for dancing.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 27, 2013. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 12/27 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Ballroom at Warehouse Live. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Warehouse Live's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.