What You'll Get
- $20 for one ticket to Queensrÿche with Geoff Tate, plus one drink (up to $30.98 value)
- When: Saturday, May 17, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Diesel Concert Lounge
- General admission
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Queensrÿche with Geoff Tate
- The Queensrÿche recipe: heady prog-rock, full-bore metal, and politically conscious lyricism
- Led by: elastic vocalist and founding Queensrÿche frontman Geoff Tate
- The band’s greatest work: the concept album Operation Mindcrime
- Its concept: a heroin addict who wakes up in the hospital and struggles to remember what got him there
- What may have gotten him there: It’s complicated. Something to do with a prostitute-turned-nun and a secret society who brainwashed people into carrying out political assassinations.
- Sounds like: a cryptic take on The Manchurian Candidate
- Or: a love letter from that weird neighbor with the tinfoil hat
- Non-Mindcrime hits: the ponderous “Silent Lucidity,” the thundering “Jet City Woman,” the forceful “En Force”
- The band’s newest lineup: bassist Rudy Sarzo of Ozzy and Dio, as well as guitarist Kelly Gray and keyboardist Randy Gane from Tate’s first band, Myth
Diesel Concert Lounge
“It’s like a little city in there,” says co-owner Mike Mitchell of the 47,000 square feet of entertainment surrounding Diesel Concert Lounge. As part of the Premier Lanes complex—also home to an Italian restaurant and the Premier Lanes Bowling Alley— Diesel Concert Lounge is a complete about-face from the space’s previous incarnation: a country music club called Diamonds & Spurs. With Mitchell and Premier Lanes’ owner Joe Sgroi behind the scenes, the floor where cows once learned how to square-dance is now a haven for head-banging hard rock and head-bobbing hip-hop. As one of the only places in Michigan to sport multiple stages within one venue, Diesel keeps its calendar packed with a variety of touring stars and local heroes. Most of those heroes, including Kid Rock, Megadeth, and Uncle Kracker, are enshrined on the walls in hand-printed concert posters.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 17, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 5/17 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Diesel Concert Lounge. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Diesel Concert Lounge's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Must be 18 or older to attend, 21 or older to drink. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.