- $99 for one G-Pass to see R. Kelly New Year’s Eve Countdown with the King (up to $143.50 value)
- When: Tuesday, December 31, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Masonic Temple
- Seating: back floor or lower balcony
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the venue layout.<p>
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
R. Kelly New Year’s Eve Countdown with the King
R. Kelly performs “Step in the Name of Love” live in 2012
* What it is: a soulful lead-in to 2014 with R. Kelly and Doug E. Fresh * Kelly's full name: Robert Sylvester Kelly * Musical idol: Marvin Gaye * Number of Grammy awards won for "I Believe I Can Fly": three * Latest album: Black Panties, which just dropped on December 6 * Best invented art form: the hip-hopera, as seen in his epic Trapped in the Closet * Best invented word: “sexasaurus,” from 2007's Double Up * What's a sexasaurus look like?: you don't want to know * Number of hits for a YouTube search of the term "Ignition (Remix) cover" as of May 2013: about 72,100 * Some of the top results: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, violinist Peter Lee Johnson, and Duke University's a capella group, The Pitchforks * Doug E. Fresh's claim to fame: being the rapper who pioneered the art of beatboxing * Other bullets on his resume: driving the hit "La Di Da Di" with his beatboxing, originating the club chant "Heyyyyyyy, YO!...I-iiiiight" in the hit "I-ight"