- $62 for one G-Pass to see R. Kelly New Years Eve Countdown with the King (up to a $116.35 value)
- When: Tuesday, December 31, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Masonic Temple
- Section: balcony level 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, or 24
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the venue layout.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
R. Kelly New Years Eve Countdown with the King
R. Kelly performs “Step in the Name of Love” Live in 2012
- What it is: a soulful lead-in to 2014 with R. Kelly and Doug E. Fresh
- Kelly's full name: Robert Sylvester Kelly
- Musical idol: Marvin Gaye
- Number of Grammy awards won for "I Believe I Can Fly": three
- Latest album: Black Panties, which just dropped on December 6
- Best invented art form: the hip-hopera, as seen in his epic Trapped in the Closet
- Best invented word: “sexasaurus,” from 2007's Double Up
- What's a sexasaurus look like?: you don't want to know
- Number of hits for a YouTube search of the term "Ignition (Remix) cover" as of May 2013: about 72,100
- Some of the top results: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, violinist Peter Lee Johnson, and Duke University's a capella group, The Pitchforks
- Doug E. Fresh's claim to fame: being the rapper who pioneered the art of beatboxing
- Other bullets on his resume: driving the hit "La Di Da Di" with his beatboxing, originating the club chant "Heyyyyyyy, YO!...I-iiiiight" in the hit "I-ight"