- $37.50 for one ticket to 97.1 AMP Radio Halloween Masquerade with Steve Aoki, Afrojack & tyDi (up to $74.90 value)
- When: Thursday, October 30 at 8 p.m.
- Where: Hollywood Palladium
- General admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Radio Halloween Masquerade
- Steve Aoki: The house-electro kingpin and his shaggy mane get showgoers’ arms waving with a deluge of bracing beats.
- Afrojack: A leading Dutch house DJ sets complex rhythms against Latin-influenced percussion to remix PSY, Donna Summer, will.i.am, and Pitbull.
- tyDi: This Australian DJ’s driving beats merge EDM with spacey trance, all grounded in an especially strong grasp of compositional theory.
- …and you: Come in your best costume for the chance to win a $5,000 grand prize.
The Hollywood Palladium
On Halloween 1940, hundreds of couples clad in suits and cocktail gowns flooded into a brand-new concert hall. Bas-relief pillars and crushed-velvet curtains flanked a bandstand that today would seem comically small, its curves echoed in a series of sweeping, backlit circles rippling across the ceiling and ending in a wrap-around balcony where guests could look down on the sea of elegantly coiffed heads. But most importantly, there was lots and lots of room to dance.
That’s remained true in the many decades since the Hollywood Palladium’s grand opening. Over the years, the venue has hosted everyone from Black Flag and The Ramones to The Offspring and Jay-Z, and though a flashy modern light and video system now fills the stage, it still looks out on a massive dance floor lit by anachronistic chandeliers. Of course, guests might well guess at this blend of modern spectacle and old-school panache just from the venue’s façade, whose enormous neon letters tower above the marquee’s list of the big names on deck that week.