What You'll Get
The first films to incorporate sound were known as “talkies,” just as the word “walkies” was applied to the first plays not starring cardboard actors. Celebrate theatrical innovation with today’s GrouponLive deal for tickets to see Rancho Tesoro at Woodward Park’s Meadow Theatre. The show is suitable for guests age 7 and older. Parking costs $5 per vehicle. Choose between the following ticket options:
- For $7, you get one general-admission ticket for your choice of seven performances (a $15 value). General-admission tickets grant first-come, first-served access to the park's chair seating.
- For $25, you get a family pack of lawn-seating tickets for your choice of seven performances (up to a $70 total value). The package includes the following items:
- Tickets for two adults (a $30 value)
- Tickets for up to four children ages 12 and younger (a $40 value)
- Choose from the following performances:
- Thursday, September 22, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 23, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 24, at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 28, at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 29, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 30, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 1, at 7:30 p.m.
Rancho Tesoro —an original musical written, acted, and produced by local artists—has charmed the Fresno Bee with its heartwarming story of family, faith, and love. The story unfolds on a modern-day cattle ranch, where Rosa Carrillo helps juvenile offenders cultivate discipline with hard work and a touch of Miracle-Gro. Epiphanies abound as the audience watches different cultures and generations butt heads, grapple with their differences, and make peace with one another. In addition to entertaining the crowd, cowboy songs by professional songwriter Billy Thornbury and award-winning western performer Dave Stamey infuse the tale with emotion and quarter notes made out of picante sauce.
Guests who select the first option of today’s deal may bolster their posture in chair seating, whereas those who choose the second option can relax in lawn chairs, blankets, or homemade yurts on the theater’s shady lawn. While visiting Woodward Park, families can bring a picnic dinner or barbecue their cuisine on one of several public grills. A Japanese garden makes an ideal destination for an evening stroll, and three playgrounds invite kids to work off excess giggles before the show.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for admission to Woodward Park's Meadow Theatre. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Woodward Park's Meadow Theatre. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which will be provided to Woodward Park's Meadow Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Parking not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.