According to legend, Babe Ruth pointed his bat toward the sky to let his fans know exactly where the flesh-eating aliens were coming from. See the greats be great with this GrouponLive deal.
- for four tickets to a Reading Fightin Phils baseball game ( value)
- The four-ticket package includes an autographed baseball and the opportunity for one person to throw out a ceremonial first pitch
- Where: FirstEnergy Stadium
- Seating: Red or Green reserved
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Dates and Times
- Against the Richmond Flying Squirrels on Sunday, June 8, at 1:35 p.m. Doors open one hour before game time.
- Against the Flying Squirrels on Monday, June 9, at 9:35 a.m. Doors open 90 minutes before game time.
- Against the New Britain Rock Cats on Thursday, June 12, at 7:05 p.m. Doors open 90 minutes before game time.
- Against the Akron RubberDucks on Wednesday, June 18, at 7:05 p.m. Doors open 90 minutes before game time.
Groupon holders with tickets to the rained-out June 12 game may exchange those tickets for any game before the end of the season that is of equal or lesser value.
- June 8: The first 2,000 men over 18 receive an Early Father’s Day Fightins Phils Neck Tie, and everyone can play catch on the field after the game.
- June 9: Annual morning game. The first 2,000 adults over 15 receive a Fightins Morning Game T-Shirt, and all fans can stroll the warning track at 8:30 a.m.
- June 12: The first 2,500 adults receive a Jim Bunning Bobblehead in honor of the 50th anniversary of the hall-of-famer's perfect game. Includes an autograph session.
- June 18: The Cowboy Monkeys perform, and all fans can play catch on the field at 6 p.m.
The Scouting Report
As summer hits full swing, the Fighting Phils find themselves locked up with the Binghampton Mets for second place in the Eastern League's Eastern Division. Behind the bats of outfielder Cam Perkins and second baseman Cesar Hernandez—both punishing opposing pitchers at an above .340 batting average—the team hopes to continue on the winning path it set for itself in the first two months of the season. This early season stretch included a sweep of New Hampshire and several strong showings against the division-leading Portland Sea Dogs. Manager Dusty Wathan and his squad will need to keep their hot bats and lucky pine tar in good working order as they take on the Richmond Flying Squirrels and the Akron RubberDucks, whose 30-15 record is tops in the league.
Reading Fightin Phils
The Fightin Phils have served as the Double-A affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies since 1967, forging the longest-running affiliate partnership in baseball, not counting the ancient business relationship between groundskeepers and chalk purveyors. Many Phillies stars have matriculated through the Fightin Phils clubhouse and made contributions to the Phillies' World Series wins in 1980 and 2008. The Phils have also enjoyed their own share of sandlot glory, seizing Eastern League titles in 1968, 1973, 1995, and 2001.
Built in 1951, the team's stadium, FirstEnergy Stadium, serves as the oldest home field in the Eastern League. Along with a lineup of characters featuring a turtle, dog, and beaver, the Fightin Phils' mascots includes the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor—a striped-vested madman astride his faithful ostrich Rodrigo, who runs around the infield as the Vendor throws hot dogs into the stands.