What You'll Get
According to legend, Babe Ruth pointed his bat toward the sky to let his fans know exactly where the flesh-eating aliens were coming from. See the greats be great with this GrouponLive deal.
- $51 for a first-pitch package for four to a Reading Fightin Phils baseball game ($86 total value)
- The package includes four game tickets ($36 value) as well as an autographed baseball and the opportunity for one person to throw out the ceremonial first pitch ($50 value)
- Where: FirstEnergy Stadium
- Seating: Red or Green reserved
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Fans should arrive 45 minutes before the game to throw out the first pitch. Each Groupon guarantees a first pitch for one person, but please note that you'll likely be one of several people throwing out first pitches.
Dates and Times
- Against the New Britain Rock Cats on Saturday, July 19, at 5:35 p.m. (first game of doubleheader)
- Against the Rock Cats on Saturday, July 19, following the 5:35 p.m. game (second game of doubleheader)
- Against the Akron RubberDucks on Thursday, July 24, at 7:05 p.m. This game will be nationally televised and will have a huge post-game fireworks show.
- Against the RubberDucks on Sunday, July 27, at 1:35 p.m.
The Scouting Report
As summer hits full swing, the Fighting Phils find themselves in third place in Eastern League's Eastern division. Behind the bat of second-baseman Cesar Hernandez—who is punishing opposing pitchers at an above-.340 batting average—the team hopes to continue on the winning path it set for itself in the first two months of the season. Manager Dusty Wathan and his squad will need to keep their hot bats and lucky pine tar in good working order as they take on the New Britain Rock Cats and the Akron RubberDucks, who sit in second place in the league's Western Division.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of game for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at FirstEnergy Stadium. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Reading Baseball LP's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Gates open 1–2 hours before game time; varies for each game. Must arrive 45-min. before game for pitch. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Reading Fightin Phils
The Fightin Phils have served as the Double-A affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies since 1967, forging the longest-running affiliate partnership in baseball, not counting the ancient business relationship between groundskeepers and chalk purveyors. Many Phillies stars have matriculated through the Fightin Phils clubhouse and made contributions to the Phillies' World Series wins in 1980 and 2008. The Phils have also enjoyed their own share of sandlot glory, seizing Eastern League titles in 1968, 1973, 1995, and 2001.
Built in 1951, the team's stadium, FirstEnergy Stadium, serves as the oldest home field in the Eastern League. Along with a lineup of characters featuring a turtle, dog, and beaver, the Fightin Phils' mascots includes the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor—a striped-vested madman astride his faithful ostrich Rodrigo, who runs around the infield as the Vendor throws hot dogs into the stands.