All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Smooth jazz is the sound of sophistication, unlike rough jazz, which is the sound of Louis Armstrong blasting chili out of his trumpet. Lend your ear to upscale scales with this GrouponLive deal.
- Red Cat Jazz Festival
- When: Saturday, May 3, and Sunday, May 4, at 1 p.m.
- Where: Oleander Bowl at Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa, Golf Course and Convention Center
- General admission to the lawn
- Door time: 12 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the festival lineup
- $25 for one single-day ticket (up to $41.99 value)
- $39 for one weekend ticket (up to $72.74 value)
Red Cat Jazz Festival
- The headliner: Boney James—who pairs a smooth horn with a muscular undercurrent—unfurls the jazz that earned him four Grammy nominations, the number 3 spot on Billboard's Contemporary Jazz Artist of the Decade list, one Soul Train award, and four gold records.
- The future of jazz: The Red Cat Jazz Preservation Society’s Rising Star Talent Competition gives high-school virtuosos the chance to duke it out in the name of jazz.
- Other acts: Saxophonist Mike Phillips, trumpeter Joey Sommerville, and Louisiana violinist Michael Ward all massage audience eardrums.
- Co-headliner, part one: Coming off a recent appearance on American Idol, Al Jarreau sings the tunes that earned him a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, a spot in the SoulMusic Hall of Fame, and seven Grammy Awards in three categories, including jazz, pop, and the 100-song dash.
- Co-headliner, part two: Kirk Whalum, who jazz laypeople might know as Whitney Houston's long-time saxman, responsible for that sweeping solo in "I Will Always Love You," has been nominated for 12 Grammys over his career.
- Guest of honor: Ronnie Law, a Houston saxophone legend, is celebrating 50 years behind the reed.
- Other acts: Soprano saxman and event host Marion Meadows, singer Miki Howard, trumpeter Tom Browne, and all-female ensemble Jazz in Pink featuring Karen Briggs and Nik West all take the stage to climb the scales.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 4, 2014. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at venue entrance. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa, Golf Course and Convention Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Red Cat Jazz Festival's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open at 12 p.m. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.