Holding up lighters at concerts dates back to medieval times, when villagers gathered with torches to frighten the loudest person in town. Face the music with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to a Rehab concert
- When: Friday, August 9 at 9 p.m.
- Where: Louie’s Bar & Restaurant at Pinheads Entertainment
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $20 for two tickets with one appetizer (up to a $36 value)
- $40 for four tickets with two appetizers (up to a $72 value)<p>
When Danny “Boone” Alexander met Jason “Brooks” Buford, they were drawn together by a shared love of music. The pair began performing southern rock and hip hop under a name taken from the place they met: Rehab. Though the original twosome eventually parted company, the name remained as Alexander recruited other likeminded artists to join him. Their unconventional sound—a mix of country vocals with alt-rock guitars and hip hop-inspired rhythms—caught on through equally unconventional means. The band’s biggest hit to date, “Bartender Song (Sittin’ at a Bar)”, first gained traction through the light-up, peanut shell-covered screens of digital jukeboxes at bars nationwide. Their latest album, 2012’s Gullible’s Travels, continues the group’s energetic legacy with fuzzed out tracks, including lead single “King of Tweakers.”<p>