Cover acts look and sound just like the real thing, unlike cover audiences, who are just used mannequins holding up lighters. See the real almost-real thing with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to see Doug Church as Elvis Presley
- When: Saturday, August 24, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Britton Hall at Pinheads Entertainment Center
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $25 for two tickets (up to a $25 value each) and one appetizer (up to an $8 value; up to a $58 total value)
- $45 for four tickets (up to a $25 value each) and two appetizers (up to an $8 value each; up to a $116 total value)<p>
Doug Church as Elvis Presley
With his upswept pompadour, military past, and voice like a buttered cello, Doug Church pays faithful and respectful tribute to The King. Church first began singing Elvis’ songs in talent contests while serving in the U.S. Air Force. He won top prize at his base, then at a regional level, and on and on until he had taken home a total of 11 first place trophies in just four years. After leaving the force, Church took his act on the road, and eventually landed the gig of a lifetime as a soundtrack performer on the feature film Almost Elvis. In the years since, he’s developed the skills to replicate 70 distinct voices. Elvis, however, remains Church’s specialty, and his admiration of the superstar shines through his pitch-perfect renditions of hits such as “Hurt,” “Steamroller Blues,” and “The Wonder of You.”