Doggo lovers can see and learn more about their favorite dog breeds and watch canine athletes in such events as Flyball
About This Deal
A cluster show that aims at popularizing knowledge about purebred dogs where attendees can watch breed specialty competitions, chat with dog owners, get a piece of advice from numerous breed experts, and visit vendor booths
Dates and times:
- Wednesday, July 17: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Thursday, July 18: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Friday, July 19: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Free admission for children under 12 accompanied by an adult
- What can I bring? all items allowed into NRG Park facilities are subject to inspection; see FAQ here
- Parking: $15 fee- cash only
Please note: Regular ticket prices vary throughout the show; free admission on Wednesday and $10 admission on Thursday.
About Houston World Series of Dog Shows
The Houston World Series of Dog Shows is aptly named. Rather than a single dog show, it's a cluster of several, spread out over five summer days. The show features Best of Breed, Best of Group, and Best of Show contests and entertains with barn hunt trials, creative dog grooming, tons of shopping at the McScotty Market and works of art from the Dr. Mari Jon Filla Student Art Exhibit.
There's something for dog lovers of all ages at this multi-day event. During Meet the Breeds seminars, experts educate the public on the pros, cons, and peculiarities of more than 80 breeds. In the performance events—flyball, frisbee, and canine musical freestyle—dogs showcase their strength, speed, and dexterity. In the My Dog Can Do That! trials, pet owners can run their dogs through a simplified agility course with coaching from expert trainers.