What You'll Get
- $20.84 for two tickets to see Marty Haggard, Dion Pride, and Jett Williams (up to $41.68 value)
- When: Friday, August 22, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Renfro Valley Entertainment Center
- Seating: balcony or ground floor section
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
Marty Haggard, Dion Pride, and Jett Williams
- Who they are: three guitarist-singers with country-legend father
- Marty Haggard’s pop: Merle Haggard
- His other country credentials: he was raised by his grandmother in a railroad boxcar while his father did time in San Quentin; he trains his twangy tenor on lyrics of romance, Americana, and religion
- His hit Singles: “Talkin’ Blue Eyes,” “Trains Make Me Lonesome,” “Here in the Afterlife”
- How he ensured he’d never get grounded again: by releasing the dual-volume A Tribute to Merle Haggard, My Dad in 2010 and 2011
- Dion Pride’s father: Charley Pride
- When Dion first began playing the guitar: age 5
- What he’s grown up into: a multi-instrumentalist and songwriter with two albums to his name
- His global reach: he’s played for audiences in the UK and North America, and as a USO performer has played for troops in Panama, Honduras, and Antigua
- Jett Williams’s dad: Hank Williams
- Her albums: Frizzell & Williams on Tour Again, That Reminds Me of Hank, Honk!
- Her book: an autobiography titled Ain’t Nothin’ as Sweet as My Baby
- Her day: in accordance with Tennessee state legislature, Macon County’s Jett Williams Appreciation Day was May 18, 2000
Renfro Valley Entertainment Center
It’s known as “Kentucky’s Country Music Capital,” and the Renfro Valley Entertainment Center proudly embraces that bold title. Since it first opened in 1939, the heartland complex has expanded to encompass 55 acres of down-home activities. In 2014, it celebrates its 75th anniversary of hosting classic country, southern gospel, and mountain blue grass revues. Today, two theaters host lineups of golden-era country and twanging bluegrass acts, including one of the only remaining barn dances in the United States. Every year, music rings from the rafters of these two unique theaters from March through December. The country wonderland also treats bellies to fried chicken and southern specialties at the Historic Lodge Restaurant, and treats mantels to handmade crafts at a picturesque shopping village. Vacationers can use the RV Park located in South Central, Ky. and easily access Renfro Valley from Interstate 75 at exit 62.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 22, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 8/22 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Renfro Valley Entertainment Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Renfro Valley Entertainment Center's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.