- One ticket to Rent
- When: select dates, May 15–June 8
- Where: Lower Ossington Theatre
- Click here to see the available dates and showtimes.
- C$25 for reserved seating in rows C–F (up to C$49.99 value)
- for premium seating in rows A–B (up to value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Winner of the Tony Award for Best Musical and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, the rock opera Rent features irresistible tunes belted by flawed but kindhearted characters, a combination that spawned a feature film and allowed the show to thrive on Broadway for 12 years. In Manhattan’s Lower East Side circa 1980, the show opens on a group of starving musicians, filmmakers, and creatives as they struggle against their former friend and current landlord for the right to live rent-free. Interspersed with scenes that focus on young love, LGBT issues, and financial stability versus artistic integrity, pairs sing duets such as “Tango: Maureen” and full ensemble pieces such as the Act Two opener “Seasons of Love.” Based on Puccini’s classic opera La Boheme, Jonathan Larson’s script replaces the plight of tuberculosis with AIDS and addiction, adding urgency to his characters’ quest to make a meaningful mark on the world.