- $15 for a one-day pass to Repticon FIRExpo for two adults and two children (up to $30 value)
- When: Saturday, September 13, or Sunday, September 14, at 10 a.m.
- Where: The Lakeland Center
- General admission
- Door time: 10 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the schedule.
Children 4 and younger are admitted for free.
Snakes slither in glass display cases, and lizards wriggle in the hands of trained handlers as they’re held up in full view of a curious crowd. This is the scene as one of Repticon FIRExpo’s presenters educates attendees on the biology, behavior, and typing speeds of exotic cold-blooded creatures at one of the year-round shows in cities across the country. Reptile and amphibian breeders, scholars, and handlers engage audiences in lectures and demonstrations in the midst of live reptile exhibits, family activities, and displays for exotic-pet supplies. Presentations may focus on the genetics of large snake species, the specifics of exotic-pet care, and the effect that tiny hats have on the image of arachnids such as tarantulas, scorpions, and spiders.