- One ticket to Respect, A Musical Celebration of Women
- When: select dates, April 8—May 23
- Where: Penn’s Landing Playhouse
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $40 for the mezzanine (up to $58 value)
- $47 for the dress circle or orchestra (up to $68.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Seating availability varies depending on the date.
Respect, A Musical Celebration of Women
There’s a lot to learn from American Top 40 hits—especially if you start your study way back in 1900. Such was the method of Columbia University professor Dorothy Marcic, whose nonfiction book, Respect: Women in Popular Music, traces the female influence on the ears of a nation. Marcic’s book, in turn, takes its title from the soul single that became a women’s empowerment anthem after it met Aretha Franklin’s pipes. In celebrating the strength and joy of American women and female artists, Respect effortlessly inspires audiences to bob their heads and stamp their feet. What’s more, each number in the program’s century-long survey highlights the cultural power—as well as the show-stopping, note-belting, chill-causing dynamism—of women in pop music.