What You'll Get
Playing baseball takes coordination, upper-body strength, and the courage to run counterclockwise even though that direction is normally only for the immoral and weak-hearted. See strong-willed Americans with this GrouponLive deal.
- $22 for a game package to see the Staten Island Yankees (a $62 value)
- Where: Richmond County Bank Ballpark
- Seating: Sections 5–13
- Door time: One hour before each game
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Game packages include:
- One ticket (up to a $21 value)
- Staten Island Yankees hat (an $18 value)
- All-you-can-drink water and soda (an $8 value)
- All-you-can-eat burgers, hot dogs, and chicken sandwiches (a $15 value)<p>
- Against the Brooklyn Cyclones on Monday, June 17, at 7 p.m. (season opener)
- Against the Brooklyn Cyclones on Wednesday, June 19, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Hudson Valley Renegades on Thursday, June 20, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Aberdeen IronBirds on Sunday, June 23, at 4 p.m.
- Against the Aberdeen IronBirds on Monday, June 24, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Aberdeen IronBirds on Tuesday, June 25, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Hudson Valley Renegades on Thursday, June 27, at 7 p.m.<p>
The Scouting Report
On June 17, the Staten Island Yankees open the 2013 season against their arch rivals the Brooklyn Cyclones, it’ll be more than a contest to claim the better borough. During the game, the Baby Bombers also begin their pursuit of a seventh New York-Penn League title. Serving as a launching pad for the organization’s brightest young stars, Staten Island already boasts an impressive list of alumni who have gone on to impact major-league teams’ barbecue wiffle-ball games. Fans can scout this season’s new faces right off the bat during a set of June games, scoring promotional giveaways such as jerseys on June 17 and bobbleheads on June 27.
Staten Island Yankees
In 1999, as New York City’s first minor-league baseball team, the Staten Island Yankees adopted the name of one of MLB’s most successful franchises. Since that time, the Baby Bombers have lived up to their big-league affiliate’s iconic status, winning six New York-Penn League championships—including an initial title in just their second year.
But perhaps fittingly for a city such as New York, that commanding run has also included some bizarre moments. In 2008, for instance, the Yankees’ ambidextrous pitcher Pat Venditte found himself in a dual of a different sort with Brooklyn Cyclones switch-hitter Ralph Henriquez. More than able but less than willing, neither player would pick a side—leading to the formation of a new official rule for such situations. Perhaps just as strange, the team never even got to celebrate that first championship in a home stadium, since Richmond County Bank Ballpark wasn’t completed until the next year. Today it stands, though, with clear views just past center field of the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty waving her foam finger.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 27, 2013. Limit 10 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of game for a ticket at venue Will Call. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Richmond County Bank Ballpark. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before game. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.