Going to a concert is an opportunity to be around a lot of people and maybe finally collect all those signatures you need to start selling fresh meat in your front yard. Be a part of something big with this GrouponLive deal.
- $19 for one ticket to see Rick Springfield (up to a $68 value)
- When: Thursday, October 17, at 8 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre in New Brunswick
- Seating: mid balcony, upper balcony, or gallery
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- How you know him: you turned on the radio in the last 30 years; you obsessed over General Hospital in the ’80s; your buddy Jesse is starting to resent you
- Where you’ve seen him lately: stealing the show on Dave Grohl’s Sound City documentary, record, and tour; performing with Foo Fighters on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Or maybe: on The View; touting his upcoming novel Magnificent Vibration; returning to alter ego Noah Drake on General Hospital
- Top-10 hits that have only improved with age: “I’ve Done Everything for You,” “Love Somebody,” “Don’t Talk to Strangers”
- Other hits you might hear: “Affair of the Heart,” “Love is Alright Tonight,” “Calling All Girls”
- Year he’ll receive his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: 2014
- New song you just gotta hear: “The Man That Never Was”
- Reason you just gotta hear it: to see whether Springfield’s contribution to the Sound City soundtrack beats those by album-mates Paul McCartney and Stevie Nicks
- Source of his enduring good looks and energy at age 63: Australian genes, probably?<p>
The State Theatre was saved, as its website states, from "the ravages of time." Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue's signature dome.
96% of 121 customers recommend
“Amazing show ! Would recommend to anyone ! Looking forward to more of dancing shows”
“Great theater with great acoustics. Great vies from up high.”