Ancient Greeks laid the foundations for contemporary theater by composing the first plays and stealing the first Tony Awards from Mount Olympus. Celebrate theatrical progress with today’s GrouponLive deal to see Zion Theatre Company’s production of Rings of the Tree. For $12, you get two general-admission tickets (a $24 value; $20 value for seniors and students). All performances are held at 7:30 p.m. Choose from the following dates and locations:
- Friday, February 3, at The Off Broadway Theatre in Salt Lake City
- Saturday, February 4, at The Off Broadway Theatre in Salt Lake City
- Thursday, February 9, at The Grove Theatre in Pleasant Grove
- Friday, February 10, at The Grove Theatre in Pleasant Grove
- Monday, February 13, at The Grove Theatre in Pleasant Grove<p>
Zion Theatre Company produces plays of a high moral fiber, showcasing stories that seek to enhance audiences’ social kindness, intellectualism, and spirituality. In their multimedia production of playwright Mahonri Stewart’s Rings of the Tree, a young woman named Diana Applesong locks herself away in her Victorian mansion in an attempt to ward off human interaction and protect herself from tragedy. A cadre of explorers accidentally discovers her, resulting in an unexpected romance and epic water-balloon fight as she continues to try and shelter herself from the outside world.