What You'll Get
- Exclusive pre-sale: $69.98 for one single-day admission to Riot Fest
- When: Friday, September 11; Saturday, September 12; or Sunday, September 13. Each day begins at 2 p.m.
- Door time: 11 a.m.
- Where: Douglas Park
- General admission
- Click to view the full lineup
- No Doubt: As soon as Gwen Stefani declared she was “Just a Girl” on the now-landmark 1995 album Tragic Kingdom, she and her ska-revivalist band became bona-fide superstars. They expanded their sound to include dancehall on 2001’s Rock Steady and 2012’s Push and Shove, but the basic formula remains—irresistible hooks with a pop-punk heartbeat, anchored by Stefani’s bombastic but childlike coo. (Friday)
- System of a Down: The influential alt-metal outfit earned a cult following—on three continents, no less—before they even released a record. Once they did, they amassed millions of mainstream fans thanks to frontman Serj Tankan’s schizoid delivery and his aggressively political lyrics, as exhibited on hits such as “Chop Suey!”, “Boom!”, and “Toxicity.” (Saturday)
- Modest Mouse: Since their indie beginnings in the 1990s, the band has grown to become a household name without sacrificing their longtime fan base. Their latest, 2015’s Strangers to Ourselves, continues to rely on frontman Isaac Brock’s cosmically fascinated bark across 15 new songs that AllMusic.com describes as bouncing between “stylized eccentricity and streamlined strangeness, stopping occasionally to soak in a scenic, dreamy view.” (Sunday)
- Also: Faith No More (Friday) | Iggy Pop (Saturday) | The Prodigy (Sunday)
Full Album Plays
- Ice Cube & Guests: As a member of N.W.A., Ice Cube changed the entire rap scene of the late ’80s before embarking on a solo career. MTV ranks him #8 in its list of 10 Greatest MCs of All Time, but he’s #1 according to Snoop Dogg, which will be evident when he performs a Straight Outta Compton Remix (Friday). Speaking of Snoop…
- Snoop Dogg: From Dr. Dre protégé to household name, Snoop became an industry unto himself with hip-hop classics such as “Gin and Juice” and “Drop It Like It’s Hot.” He’ll treat fans to his his signature laid-back, laconic drawl when he performs Doggystyle in its entirety. (Sunday)
- Also: Rancid (performing: …and Out Come the Wolves; Saturday) | The Academy Is… (performing: Almost Here; Saturday) | Modern Life Is War (performing: Witness; Saturday)
- Drive Like Jehu: San Diego post-hardcore band that laid the groundwork for emo with their intense, shiver-inducing vocals (Saturday)
- L7: all-female classic punk outfit who founded Rock for Choice and thrashed onto MTV with “Pretend We’re Dead” (Sunday)
- Also: Thrice (Friday) | Babes in Toyland (Saturday) | American Nightmare (Saturday)
- To See: an antique animatronic show from Rock-afire Explosion (the fictional band of Showbiz Pizza); the Hellzapoppin Circus Sideshow Revue
- To Do: take a spin on carnival rides, play midway-style games, visit a video arcade hall, and putt or play air guitar with your club on a miniature golf course
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For questions related to ADA accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Ticket value includes all fees. Must provide email address at checkout which we will provide to facilitate redemption. Only the original purchaser/name on the order will be able to receive customer support. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.