Without the applause of an audience, actors have no way of knowing how well they've died. Stand and ovate with this GrouponLive deal.
- $22 for two tickets to Ripper (a $39.50 value) with two small popcorns (a $4 value) and two small sodas (a $2 value; a $45.50 total value)
- When: select dates, October 11–20
- Where: The Historic Palace Theatre
- Seating: upper balcony
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view available performances.
He's known by many names. "The Whitechapel Murderer." "Red Jack." "Leather Apron." But for fans of true crime stories and horror mythology, he'll always be Jack the Ripper. Local dramatist John May counts himself among these ranks, and explores the mysteries behind the King Kong of serial killers in his original play, Ripper. The horror-drama tracks the maniac's foot- and stab-prints across 19th-century England, washing seats in waves of willies just in time for Halloween.
The Historic Palace Theatre
The Historic Palace Theatre's own in-house production company, Curtain Up Productions, performs beneath the gilded proscenium of a venerable historic auditorium. The playhouse and movie theater was considered the jewel of downtown Lockport on its 1925 opening and still bustles today under the watch of volunteers committed to its preservation.