Seeing one of your favorite bands is a transcendent experience, like seeing your favorite actor play your favorite president. Spoil your senses with this GrouponLive deal.
- General admission to the River Rock Summer Concert Series
- When: Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- Where: Riverfront Park
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- For info on permitted and prohibited items, see the FAQs.<p>
$5 for one ticket to your choice of the following concerts (up to a $10 value)
- Curtis Salgado on July 10
- Stone in Love on July 17
- Vintage Trouble on July 31
- Reckless Kelly on August 7<p>
$12.50 for one ticket to all four concerts (a $25 value)<p>
Children 10 and under are admitted free.
- Instruments: voice, harmonica
- Artists he covers: George Clinton, Otis Redding, Bobby Womack, Bill Withers
- Colorful titles of his own songs: “At Least I Didn’t Do That,” “Wiggle Outta This,” “Money Must Think I’m Dead”
- Time he changed the course of history: befriended John Belushi during the filming of Animal House in his hometown of Eugene, fomenting a love of blues and R&B that eventually led to The Blues Brothers
- Appearing with: Chicago bluesman Billy D and the Hoodoos<p>
Stone in Love
- What they play: all Journey, all the time
- What to expect: dazzling lights and unstoppable audience singalongs
- May change the course of history when: the original members of Journey decide to start a rock band after traveling forward in time to a Stone in Love concert
- Appearing with: Colorful ’80s cover artists the Radical Revolution, formerly known as The Breakfast Club<p>
Vintage Trouble–"Blues Hand Me Down"
Warning: Contains bluesy profanity. * Bands they've opened for: Bon Jovi, The Who, and the Dave Matthews Band * Band they'll open for in 2013: The Rolling Stones * Time it took them to record debut album The Bomb Shelter Sessions: three days * Time they'd been together at that point: three months * What "separates VT from a copycat soul revue," according to the Wall Street Journal: "its muscle: [Nalle] Colt deploys a Jimmy Page-like crunch on guitar and [bassist Rick] Dill opens up his sound when Colt solos"
####Reckless Kelly * Times they've won Austin Music Awards (for Best Roots Rock and Best Country): six * Where they're based: Austin, Texas * Where they formed: Bend, Oregon * Their namesake: notorious Australian outlaw Ned Kelly * Pursuits they share with Kelly: making their way outside the system; avoiding charges of cattle thievery
90% of 10 customers recommend
“The show was great. We had a very good time.”