What You'll Get
- $20 for one reserved ticket to “Time Travel” concert on December 2 (up to $40 value)
- $20 for one reserved ticket to “Trial and Triumph” concert on February 5, 2016 (up to $40 value)
- $32 for one reserved ticket to “An Undying Tradition” concert on April 1, 2016 (up to $70 value)
- $65 for one season pass for reserved seating (up to $125 value)
- Click here to view the season
- Time Travel (Wednesday, December 2, at 8 p.m. at Merkin Concert Hall): Contralto Elizabeth Farnum joins the orchestra for an evening of nostalgia-tinged compositions, from Bartók’s “Divertimento” marrying baroque and classical technique to the world premiere of American composer William Anderson’s “Djuna Barnes Settings,” which draws on Scarlatti and likeminded 18th-Century composers.
- Trial and Triumph (Friday, February 5, at 8 p.m. at the Church of St. Mary the Virgin): The New York Virtuoso Singers take the stage to help bring to life three pieces focused on genesis and war, including Handel’s “Utrecht Jubilate.”
- An Undying Tradition (Friday, April 1, at 8 p.m. at Alice Tully Hall): Flautist Keith Bonner joins the orchestra to salute the immortal appeal of Classicism with performances of Mozart’s “Symphony No. 40” and American composer Michael Gandolfi’s “Points of Departure.”
New York City is full of freelance musical talent. For three decades, Riverside Symphony has gathered much of it together into innovative concert programs that display a taste for striking juxtapositions, mixing the titans of the classical tradition with modern, local works. At any given performance, audience members might see a rare work from Haydn or Prokofiev, a couple young soloists on the rise, and dozens of beautifully polished black shoes.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 1, 2016. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects /merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.