- $15 for one ticket to Rock, Hop & Doo Wop Night (up to $25 value)
- When: Saturday, November 1, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Saints John Neumann and Maria Goretti Catholic High School
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
Rock, Hop & Doo Wop Night
- What another good name for this concert might be: Philadelphia Bandstand
- Why?: it features two musical acts from the early days of American Bandstand, The Dovells and Charlie Gracie
- The Dovells’ niche: dance tunes such as “The Bristol Stomp” and “Do the New Continental”
- Encouraged during their set: stomping and new-continentaling
- Charlie Gracie’s first big hit: 1957’s “Butterfly”
- His own British Invasion: he was the first solo American rock ‘n’ roller to take English concert stages and send home Union Jack postcards; only Bill Haley & the Comets beat him to the Palladium and the Hippodrome
- Joining them: Philly Cuzz, a neo doo-wop pioneer who first gained attention on Sirius XM
- Also performing: Frankie and the Fashions, and Lights Out—a Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons tribute
1736 S 10th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19148