- $20 for one G-Pass to Rock of the ’80s with The Smithereens, The Romantics & Tommy Tutone (up to $42 value)
- When: Friday, August 29, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Stone Pony
- General admission standing
- Door time: 4 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the venue layout
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Rock of the ’80s with The Smithereens, The Romantics & Tommy Tutone
- The Romantics: Heavily influenced by British punk, these Detroit pop rockers gained their name by forming on Valentine’s Day in 1977. Today their catchy, infectious hits such as “Talking in Your Sleep” and “What I Like About You” still hit the airwaves and pop up in movies such as Shrek 2.
- The Smithereens: New Jersey veteran rockers influenced by the British invasion, The Smithereens play haunting pop tinged with metal riffs in classics such as “A Girl Like You,” “Only a Memory,” and “Blood and Roses”—as well as new tracks off their latest, 2011.
- Tommy Tutone: The Tommy Heath-led band has been penning and performing its bottom-heavy power pop since 1978, producing singles such as “Angel Say No” and “Get Around Girl.” Their signature hit and the little-black-book entry fans will never forget: “867-5309/Jenny.”