A battle of the bands determines musical supremacy without forcing musicians to see who can throw an amp the farthest. May the best band win with this GrouponLive deal.
- $19 for two tickets to Rock The Badges (up to a $40 value)
- When: Saturday, September 7, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Copernicus Center
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Rock The Badges
- What it is: a night-long battle of the bands and fundraising event, cheerfully pitting groups from the Chicago Police Department and the Chicago Fire Department against one another
- Organizations the evening benefits: Ignite the Spirit and The Chicago Police Memorial Foundation, which aid the families of fallen police officers and firefighters in need of assistance.
- Bands on the police side: It's About Time, Jenny Rockis Trio, Pimp Slap
- Bands on the fire department side: The Differents, Imposter Radio, Northside
- How it works: bands battle from 6 p.m.–10:45 p.m. when a winner is declared
- So what does the winning group win?: an extra set lasting until 11:30 p.m.
- So what does every group win?: the satisfaction that comes with helping a worthy cause
- Rocking the after-party: Red Rebel County, who play rollicking covers from such lively acts as Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly
- There will be items for raffle from Guitar Center and T-shirts for sale at RockTheBadges.com.