- $45 for one ticket to see The Peccadillo Theater Company’s Rocket to the Moon (up to $80.50 value)
- When: select performances, February 15–March 1; choose a showtime upon purchase.
- Where: Theatre at St. Clement’s
- Seating: best-available reserved upon purchase
- Door time: one hour prior to showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Rocket to the Moon
Ben Stark is stuck. He’s carved out a quiet, well-ordered life as a New York dentist in a country ravaged by the Great Depression and frosting sold as toothpaste. But then his practice begins to fail, his marriage does too, and Ben seems primed for a depression of his own.
Until his father-in-law sweeps in with a highly unorthodox suggestion: strike up an affair with Cleo, the young receptionist of his dental practice. Deeply estranged from his daughter and filled with resentment toward her mother for stifling his dreams, the older man spies a chance to save Ben from the same fate—or maybe just stir up some mischief.
While much of Odets’ work has remained at the forefront of American drama, this wistfully romantic drama has been seen infrequently since its premier in 1938. That makes it a natural pick for The Peccadillo Theater Company, which specializes in reviving underappreciated works of great literary merit. As Ben and his father-in-law, Ned Eisenberg and Jonathan Hadary bring an especially deft touch to the material: they’ve recently appeared in Broadway productions of Odets’s Awake and Sing! and Golden Boy.