It’s often said that what matters is the singer, not the song, which is why music fans are still moved by Bing Crosby’s rendition of “99 Bottles of Beer.” Savor a voice that could sing the phone book with today’s GrouponLive deal to Sound of Sinatra featuring Mark Randisi, presented by the Rockford Area Museum, at the Rockford High School Dine Arts Auditorium on Saturday, February 18, at 8 p.m. Choose from the following options:
- For $17, you get one ticket for balcony seating in rows AA–FF (up to a $35.50 value, including all ticketing fees).
- For $20, you get one ticket for main-floor seating in rows E–P (up to a $40.50 value, including all ticketing fees).
- For $27, you get one VIP package (up to a $55.50 value, including all ticketing fees) that includes:
- Main-floor seating in rows A–D
- A postshow reception with Mark Randisi<p>
Sound of Sinatra pays homage to the legendary crooner with an evening of big-band-backed songs performed by internationally recognized Sinatra tributeer Mark Randisi. With a honeyed voice that recalls the euphonies of Ol’ Blue Eyes himself, Randisi breathes life into Sinatra’s classics while winning over audiences with charming stage banter and unfulfilled promises to teach them to play catch. The Johnny Trudell Big Band cushions Randisi’s melodies under a lush blanket of old-school sound, led by the group’s famed, eponymous trumpet player. A postshow reception with Randisi allows VIP ticketholders to munch on hors d’oeuvres and sip nonalcoholic refreshments as they compliment the singer and try to steal his voice with an enchanted conch shell. All proceeds go toward outfitting a new home for the Rockford Area Museum.