A street festival can be a memorable place to see some live music, especially when the lead singer slowly emerges from a manhole. Get out there with this GrouponLive deal.
- C$39 for one general-admission ticket to Rockin' The Island (up to C$75.60 value)
- When: Saturday, August 16, at 11 a.m.
- Where: 1490 Island Highway
- Door time: 11 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Parking is not included and costs an additional $10
- Click here to view the lineup.
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect student discounts. Children 3 and under are admitted free.
Rockin' The Island
- These Kids Wear Crowns: This six-piece power-pop outfit has opened for Good Charlotte and had their debut single, "Break It Up," rocket to #60 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart. most recently their cover of Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody," off 2011's Jumpstart struck solid gold certification.
- Kuba Oms: The electro-pop master behind "My Love," "Electrolove," and other songs regarding the brain's strategic release of dopamine blends soul, reggae, and funk into his latest album, ADHD.
- Georgia Murray: Blend trip-hop with soul and lush vocals and you get Georgia Murray, whose 2009 hit "We'll Never Know" was so good it was plagiarized by a South Korean composer and climbed to #1 on the country's charts. She was later compensated and given writing credit.
- Fun Zone: While parents rock, kids can roll on trampolines and inflatables, get their faces painted, and experience the rush of pint-sized rides.
- Multicultural Food: Vendors will represent the cuisines of Mexico, Syria, Asia, and other countries.
- Nearby Camping: Pitch a tent along the Quinsam River at Elk Falls Campground, or pull up to Thunderbird RV park on Tyee Spit—either way a free shuttle will run to and from the festival grounds.