What You'll Get
- One ticket to see Rocky Broadway
- When: Tuesday–Sunday performances—choose your date upon purchase.
- Where: Winter Garden Theatre
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Fees are applied at checkout.
- Need discounted parking? There’s a Groupon for that.
Golden Circle ticket holders will be escorted onto the stage to watch the climactic final fight during the last 20 minutes of the performance.
- $49 for the far sides of mezzanine rows D–E; center and far sides of mezzanine rows F–G; or extreme far sides of mezzanine rows F–J (up to $79 value)
- for the far sides of mezzanine rows A–C; or center of mezzanine rows D–G (up to value)
- for the center of orchestra rows G–S; sides of orchestra rows A–S; or center and sides of mezzanine rows A–C (up to value)
- for the Golden Circle on all Tuesday–Thursday performances (up to value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The story Sylvester Stallone created on film in 1976 needs hardly any introduction. The Academy Award–winning Rocky is about an underdog’s unlikely shot at boxing greatness, his bashful romance, and, most importantly, his quest to reach the top of the world’s biggest staircase. Drawing on the universal emotional appeal of the Italian Stallion’s rise, Stallone has joined forces with writer and three-time Tony-winner Thomas Meehan (The Producers, Annie), composer and lyricist Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens (Tony-winners for Ragtime), and an A-list cast to put the story on stage and tuck some Tony nominations under his hat.
Throughout Rocky Broadway, the action is bracingly visceral. Director Alex Timbers evokes a real title bout in the adrenaline-laced final fight, bringing the ring out into the audience and surrounding Rocky and Apollo Creed—who holds the titles of world heavyweight champion and world’s coolest name—on all sides. A full-contact fight ensues, with special-effects makeup, slow motion, live video, and other acts of technical wizardry all hiding the hard work of stagecraft in plain sight.
The fight is what gives the play its muscle, but Rocky’s courtship of shy Adrian supplies its heart. According to Variety, the “graceful” Tony-nominee Andy Karl sensitively “reveals the tough guy’s tender core” while Margo Seibert draws on a “sweet voice and guileless manner.” The combination of love, struggle, and poetic violence sends audiences—as Time Out New York put it—“staggering into the night punch-drunk, love-struck, and begging for more.“
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 31, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Customers buy through http://gr.pn/QnAZ0L. Contact Winter Garden Theatre at (212) 239-6200 with questions. See Groupon's Third Party site terms here. Must purchase together to sit together. Telecharge is the issuer of tickets. Discount reflects Telecharge's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event. Additional ticket fees apply at time of purchase. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.