All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- One G-Pass to see Rodriguez, starting from $25
- Seating: orchestra
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Following purchase, your G-Pass will be in your account. You may redeem your G-Pass via the mobile app when you enter the venue. You may also print it out in advance. Use the G-Pass to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- How You Met Sixto Rodriguez: In 2012’s Academy Award–winning and Sundance Jury Prize–winning documentary, Searching for Sugar Man, which tracks the folk artist’s unusual rise to international fame.
- The Story: For decades, the Detroit native was one of South Africa’s favorite artists—even outselling Elvis—but he had no idea, just as South Africa didn’t know if he was even still alive. The irony: he was basically unknown in his home country.
- His Latest Albums: Re-releases of his 1970 and 1971 works, Cold Fact and Coming to Reality, which brim with Rodriguez’s signature blend of folk, blues, and psych rock.
Akron Civic Theatre
Designed in 1929 by theater architect John Eberson, the Akron Civic Theatre is a cultural landmark that nurtures a wide array of family-friendly entertainment. The auditorium showcases elaborate, Moorish-influenced décor with Italian alabaster statues and a ceiling that reproduces a twinkling, star-lit sky complete with tiny meteorite strikes.
The Fine Print