Contrary to popular belief, all the world is not a stage—sometimes people just say things to get attention. See an actual stage with this Groupon to see a play at Rollins College's Annie Russell Theatre in Winter Park. Choose from the following options:
For $20, you get two tickets to Anna in the Tropics (a $40 value), valid for the following showtimes:
- Friday, February 8, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 9, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, February 10, at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 13, at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, February 14, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, February 15, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 16, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, February 16, at 8 p.m.
For $20, you get two tickets to She Stoops to Conquer (a $40 value), valid for the following showtimes:
- Friday, April 19, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 20, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, April 21, at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 24, at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, April 25, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, April 26, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 27, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, April 27, at 8 p.m.
Rollins College’s Annie Russell Theatre continues its 80th season with a pair of thought-provoking productions. The Pulitzer Prize–winning Anna in the Tropics by Nilo Cruz tells the enchanting story of Cuban immigrants running a cigar factory in Florida. A tradition in Cuban workplaces, the factory laborers hire a storyteller to read to them while they work. As the newly hired lector reads the novel Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy’s tale begins to intertwine with the workers’ lives, opening up a fantastical world of drama and romance. Striking a different chord, Oliver Goldsmith’s farcical comedy She Stoops to Conquer transports audiences back to the 18th century, where aristocrat Kate Hardcastle, who was played by Annie Russell in a 1912 performance, pretends to be a common maid in order to woo a wealthy suitor who shies away from women of stature. Kate’s undercover plan sets the stage for mistaken-identity hijinks and ensuing romance.
92% of 130 customers recommend
“remember to keep your ticket stub and show to the parking garage attendant. you will receive free parking then.”
“a wonderful evening out of great theatre for a great price”
“Theatre is lovely, try to arrive early to the shows to find a good parking spot .”