- $99 for four tickets to Romanza featuring The Toronto Mandolin Orchestra (up to $160 value)
- When: Saturday, March 28, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Borochov Cultural Centre
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Romanza featuring The Toronto Mandolin Orchestra
- The Theme: romance and the classic songs that envelop it
- The Orchestra: a fleet of mandolins joined by woodwinds, piano, an accordion, percussion, and guest soloists
- The Highlights: nostalgic tunes including “Strangers in the Night,” I Could Have Danced All Night,” and “Under Paris Skies” plus waltzes, tangos, and polkas, all of which audience members can dance to
Shevchenko Musical Ensemble
The Shevchenko Musical Ensemble brings Eastern Europe to North America. But rather than using a cumbersome land-bridge, the company transports the folk, classical, and contemporary music of the Ukrainian people and other ethnic groups to Canada via lively performance. Throughout the season, the ensemble—made up of a choir, a mandolin orchestra, and folk dancers—present events ranging from lectures to orchestral concerts. And though SME has been a part of Ontario's cultural landscape for more than 55 years, its dedication to revitalizing classical works keeps the ancient heart of Ukrainian traditions beating half a world away.