- $30 for one admission to a 90-minute tour of New York’s best pocket parks with author Rosemary O’Brien
- Children are welcome to attend this event, but it may prove too much for toddlers
- Participants should dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
The tour will begin at the Northeast corner of 7th Avenue and 49th Street.
Each event is capped at 15 purchasers.
What You’ll Do
You can walk through Midtown everyday and still miss some of its most stunning sights. But for author Rosemary O’Brien, a connoisseur of pocket parks, ferreting out those sights is a point of pride. During her 90-minute walking tour, she trains the spotlight on some of her best finds in Midtown, giving participants the ability to take mini escapes from the city around them.
Discover Hidden Gems
O’Brien’s itinerary takes participants to at least six of the pocket parks highlighted in her book. Expect to see a piece of the Berlin Wall, waterfalls, and a former mansion.
Learn While You Walk
Along the way, listen as O’Brien shares the history of the parks and answers any questions.
Take Home a Copy of Best Pocket Parks of NYC
Every participant receives a complimentary copy of O’Brien’s book, which profiles 56 parks across the city.
Author, Best Pocket Parks of NYC
As a stage actress, between auditions and work, Rosemary O’Brien would find respite from the city in some of its most hidden nooks. Although she eventually left the theater for the writing world (she wrote two novels and one work of non-fiction), she never lost her fondness for the natural beauty found in those parks. Her 2013 book, Best Pocket Parks of NYC, acts as a guide to 56 of these pint-sized public places, and lays the groundwork for a planned series that explores such parks in other cities.