What You'll Get
- One G-Pass to see Run-DMC, Naughty By Nature, Sugar Hill Gang, Whodini, DJ Jazzy Jeff, GrandMasters Furious 5
- When: Sunday, July 19, at 6 p.m.
- Where: DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Door time: 4:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- $15 for early-discount general admission lawn (up to $40.70 value) [Limited tickets available at this special price]
- $25 for general admission lawn (up to $40.70 value)
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Run–D.M.C. and Friends
- Run–D.M.C.: as a trio, Queens natives Joseph “Run” Simmons, Darryl “D.M.C.” McDaniels, and the sadly deceased Jam Master Jay made all kinds of hip-hop history as the first rap act to top the charts and earn a Grammy nomination
- History-Making Single: While the group broke ground again and again in the ’80s with hip-hop versions of nursery rhymes and musical odes to tennis shoes, they’re perhaps best remembered for their take on Aerosmith’s “Walk This Way.” Recorded with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, the track became a mainstream pop hit, sent their album Raising Hell to the top of the R&B charts, and yielded the first rap video on MTV.
- The Sugarhill Gang: this seminal collective is often credited for bringing hip-hop to the mainstream with their 1979 Top-40 hit, “Rapper’s Delight”
- Whodini: the trio of Jalil Hutchins, John “Ecstasy” Fletcher, and Drew “Grandmaster Dee” Carter filled the early ’80s with memorable laid-back jams such as “Magic Wand” and “The Freaks Come Out at Night”
- Naughty by Nature: if you’re “down with O.P.P.,” then you know the Grammy-winning trio behind that 1991 hit, as well as their singles “Hip Hop Hooray” and “Jamboree”
- Also Appearing: DJ Jazzy Jeff | Grandmaster’s Furious Five
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 19, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Use for admission at DTE Energy Music Theatre on 7/19. Refundable only on day of purchase. Doors open 90 minutes before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.