- $35 for one ticket to the Under the Sun Tour featuring Blues Traveler, Sugar Ray, Uncle Kracker, and Smash Mouth (up to $79.50 value)
- When: Sunday, August 3, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Ruth Eckerd Hall
- Seating: center rows T–LL
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart
Under the Sun Tour Featuring Blues Traveler, Sugar Ray, Uncle Kracker, and Smash Mouth
- How the casual Blues Traveler fan knows the band: from their inescapable ’90s hits “Runaround” and “Hook”
- How the devoted Blues Traveler fan knows the band: from their Dead-like improvisational skills and freewheeling live show
- Surprising origin of their band name: the “Blues” comes from the musical genre and the “Traveler” comes from the Ghostbusters villain Gozer the Traveler
- The Sugar Ray sound: a seamless blend of pop, funk, and alternative rock
- Summertime staples: “Fly,” “Every Morning,” and “When It’s Over”
- Mark McGrath: a heartthrob TV host, and the Sugar Ray lead singer who pauses to politely pry fans from his ankles
- Uncle Kracker: a the laid-back performer who mixes rap-rock and pop-country on songs like “Follow Me” and “Smile”
- The Smash Mouth sound: a mix of 1960s garage rock and contemporary pop
- Chart-topping singles: “All Star,” “Walkin’ on the Sun,” and a cover of the Monkees’ “I’m a Believer”
Ruth Eckerd Hall
A bastion of family-friendly arts and entertainment since its curtain first rose in 1983, Ruth Eckerd Hall demonstrates its commitment to the community through concerts, movie screenings, and all-ages education at the Marcia P. Hoffman Performing Arts Institute. Graduates of the school go on to star in musical and theater productions on the stage, overlooking 2,180 sloping seats arranged continental style for great sightlines and impeccable acoustics.