Holding up lighters at concerts dates back to medieval times, when villagers gathered with torches to frighten the loudest person in town. Face the music with this GrouponLive deal.
- $35 for one ticket to The Fray (up to $73.25 value)
- When: Monday, July 21, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Ruth Eckerd Hall
- Seating: rows Q–Z
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- How you know the Fray: from the global hit "How to Save a Life," which was featured prominently in the hospital drama Smooching Doctors
- Other sweeping pop ballads to play while breaking up with your doctor: "(Over My Head) Cable Car," "Never Say Never"
- What Billboard said about their third album, Scars & Stories: "The troupe's stock in trade remains frontman Isaac Slade's earnest lyricism and a lush, anthemic ambience that marks similar territory to U2 and Coldplay."
- What's new: 2014's Helios
- What to expect live: hits from their Grammy-nominated past albums, and new singles such as "Love Don't Die"
Ruth Eckerd Hall
A bastion of family-friendly arts and entertainment since its curtain first rose in 1983, Ruth Eckerd Hall demonstrates its commitment to the community through concerts, movie screenings, and all-ages education at the Marcia P. Hoffman Performing Arts Institute. Graduates of the school go on to star in musical and theater productions on the stage, overlooking 2,180 sloping seats arranged continental style for great sightlines and impeccable acoustics.