What You'll Get
- $40 for four general admission standing floor tickets (up to $76 value)
- Ages 17+ with valid ID
The Cooke Book: The Music of Sam Cooke with Darrian Ford
- Sam Cooke was: commonly known as “The King of Soul,” and for good reason. In addition to recording 30 Top-40 hits that inspire dancing and romance to this day, he opened the door for singers such as Otis Redding, James Brown, and the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. And his effortlessly velvet croon is absolutely inimitable, unless you’re…
- …Darrian Ford: a Chicago-bred singer, dancer, and actor capable of capturing Cooke’s perfect vocal tones, not to mention his distinctive mannerisms.
- Where you’ve seen Ford: on Broadway in State Fair and The Who’s Tommy, in touring productions of The Color Purple and Smokey Joe’s Cafe, and co-starring with Halle Berry in Introducing Dorothy Dandridge
- The songs: Hot steppers including “Twistin’ the Night Away” and “Having a Party,” sing (or “ooh”) alongs such as “Chain Gang” and “Summertime,” and ditties that paved Lovers Lane, from “You Send Me” to “Cupid”
- The reviews: Music Connection Magazine says, “Darrian raises the bar to a pole vault for male vocalists everywhere,” while the Chicago Tribune raves “Ford’s scorching vocals will send you searching for your soul.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 22, 2015. Not valid in combination with promo codes. Limit 8/person. Redeem 11/22 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.