What You’ll Do
Anyone can snap a picture, but fully understanding the nuances of your camera’s functions takes your photo-taking skills to the next artful level. Photojournalist Sam D’Amico guides you through the operations of your individual camera as you investigate focusing, metering, and exposure modes. Throughout the experience, get hands-on applying your newfound skills as you snap away and receive expert feedback.
Hands-On Photography Workshop
Photojournalist Sam D'Amico shows you how to use basic camera functions and the basics of composition
Boost Your Aesthetic Ability
Learn photo fundamentals as you get real world practice and bolster your creativity
Note: All participants must bring a camera that allows you to choose exposure modes, along with the camera’s full owner’s manual. Something to take notes on is recommended.
The experience lasts three hours. Each event is capped at 8 participants; each event requires a minimum of 1 participants in order to take place.
Photojournalist and Instructor
Long before Sam D'Amico undertook more than 500 assignments as a photojournalist for the New York Times, he observed this effect on his family as they flipped through photo albums, clicked through slide shows, and watched home movies together. D'Amico received his first 35mm SLR when he was a young teenager, and his passion eventually blossomed into a 25-year-long career as a photojournalist. In 2002, he began teaching at the Washington School of Photography, where he helps students gain the confidence and technique to take stunning photos.
You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
- Thursday, January 9, 2014: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Sunday, January 12, 2014: 1:30pm-4:30pm
- Monday, January 13, 2014: 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Sunday, January 26, 2014: 1:30pm-4:30pm
- Thursday, January 30, 2014: 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Monday, February 3, 2014: 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Sunday, February 9, 2014: 1:30pm-4:30pm
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014: 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Sunday, February 16, 2014: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014: 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014: 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Saturday, March 8, 2014: 1:30pm-4:30pm
- Thursday, March 13, 2014: 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Sunday, March 23, 2014: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday, March 29, 2014: 10:00am-1:00pm
Where You'll Meet
Workshop sessions take place at Affinity Lab.