Soccer, or football, puts its emphasis on the human foot, largely to keep it safe now that delinquent hands are using real rocks, paper, and scissors in their games. Keep feet from falling in with a bad crowd with this GrouponLive deal to see the San Antonio Scorpions play at Heroes Stadium. Choose between the following options:
- For $17, you get two tickets for general-admission seating (up to a $34 value).
- For $33, you get four tickets for general-admission seating (up to a $68 value).
For either option, choose from the following games:
- Against the Fort Lauderdale Strikers on Saturday, July 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the Carolina RailHawks on Saturday, July 28, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the Puerto Rico Islanders on Sunday, August 5, at 7:30 p.m.
The San Antonio Scorpions have already made their mark in their first season as a professional team in the North American Soccer League by stinging Tampa Bay twice and flattening both Puerto Rico and Carolina during the initial half of the year. The team’s offense has benefited from the nimble footwork of forward Esteban Bayona and goals made by both former MLS player Pablo Campos and Jonathan Greenfield. Heroes Stadium can fit up to 11,000 spectators in bleacher-style seating, sloped to provide clear views and opportunities to distract opponents with impressive ski jumps. Fans can watch the team battle the Fort Lauderdale Strikers on July 21, attempt to topple the formidable Carolina RailHawks for a second time on July 28, or take down the Puerto Rico Islanders yet again on August 5. Soccer aficionados can also observe one of the team practices—which are open to the public—at STAR Soccer Complex.