Basketball is an exciting spectator sport because games are often decided in the last five minutes, when official scorekeeping begins. Get close to the action with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see the San Antonio Silver Stars against the Phoenix Mercury on Breast Cancer Awareness night
- When: Saturday, August 17, at 7 p.m.
- Where: AT&T Center
- Door time: One hour before tipoff
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart. <p>
- $5 for one ticket for seating in rows 12–23 of sections 200–205, 211–221, or 227–231 (a $15.65 value)
- $10 for one ticket for seating in rows 1–11 of sections 206–210 or 222–226 (a $24.98 value)<p>
The Scouting Report
On August 17, the Silver Stars support breast-cancer awareness by playing on a court painted pink by breast cancer survivors—a first for professional basketball. Atop the painted hardwood, the Silver Stars will feature a roster full of young talent that includes the WNBA’s leader in assists per game, Danielle Robinson. Robinson’s efforts thus far have been augmented by second-year guard Shenise Johnson, who spent this past offseason in Hungary, where she led an undefeated team to the national championship by learning how to pump-fake in three languages.
San Antonio Silver Stars
After arriving in San Antonio in 2003, the Silver Stars have asserted themselves as a WNBA powerhouse. In that first decade, the team secured playoff berths in six consecutive seasons, making it to the league finals in 2008. Along with their NBA counterpart, the San Antonio Spurs, the Silver Stars hold court at AT&T Center, where a massive center-court scoreboard often reinterprets crucial baskets as artsy short films on the digital screen.