What You'll Get
Classical music boosts listeners’ brain functions and energy levels, which is why every child should ingest a well-rounded harpsichord each morning. Treat your noggin to a mellifluous meal with this deal.
- $20 for one G-Pass to Best of Tchaikovsky, presented by the San Francisco Symphony (up to a $40 value)
- When: Saturday, July 20, at 7 p.m.
- Where: America’s Cup Pavilion
- Seating: sections 202–211, rows 1–24
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
How G-Pass Works:</b> Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app.<p>
Joined by acclaimed violinist Nicola Benedetti, the San Francisco Symphony celebrates one of the most beloved composers of all time. Tchaikovsky was a study in contrasts: popular with the masses, but unappreciated by his contemporary critics; musically bombastic, but personally reserved; influenced by Eastern and Western music, but never fully accepted by either tradition. Whatever his peers thought of him, the subsequent years have erased any doubts about his genius. From his evocative ballets to his stirring symphonies, Tchaikovsky is now rightly recognized as one of the 19th century’s most wide-ranging talents.<p>
- Waltz from The Sleeping Beauty: Delicate and celestial, like a silk scarf trailing behind a meteorite, the opening notes of this sweeping waltz immediately bring the movement of ballet to passionate life.
- Violin Concerto in D major: As it dances through oboe and timpani, a trilling violin solo strikes a balance between sweet romance and faint melancholy.
- Romeo and Juliet Fantasy-Overture: The symphonic poem sounds a darker chord than might be expected by those who believe Shakespeare’s play is just a teenage love story.
- </i>1812 Overture</i>: Written to commemorate Russia’s defensive success against Napoleon, this piece is best known for traditionally featuring cannons in its climax, and paintball guns in quieter moments.<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 21, 2013. Limit 8 per person. G-Pass not redeemable with mobile app. Use for admission at America's Cup Pavilion on 7/20. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher\. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.