The slam-dunk is one of the most exhilarating plays in sports, along with the home run and whenever a horse kicks a field goal. See high-flying hoops action with this GrouponLive deal to see the San Jose State Spartans men’s basketball team play at The Event Center.
Choose from Six Options
- $6 for one G-Pass for general-admission seating (up to a $13.25 value, including all fees)
- $8 for one G-Pass for gold-zone reserved seating (up to a $15.30 value, including all fees)
For each seating option, choose from the following games:
- Against Louisiana Tech on Thursday, January 24, at 7 p.m. (Following this game, the SJSU men’s football team—fresh off a victory in the Military Bowl—will be present to shake hands and sign autographs for fans.)
- Against UT Arlington on Saturday, January 26, at 7 p.m.
- Against the University of Denver on Saturday, February 16, at 7 p.m.
Doors open at 6 p.m. for all games.
The Scouting Report
Posting a 3–2 record through their first five conference games, the Spartans look to continue their winning ways in three home matches against their WAC rivals. Senior guard James Kinney, SJSU’s scoring leader last season, remains hot with a team-high 20.6 points per game through 16 games, and junior center Alex Brown counts more blocks than a kindergartener cleaning his playroom—39, in fact, so far this season.
Due to security restrictions, G-Passes must be printed out and presented in person at the event. They cannot be redeemed through Groupon's mobile app.
San Jose State Spartans
For the better part of a century, Spartan Stadium has been a cornerstone of San Jose State athletics and university life, hosting more than 300 home football games since 1933, as well as soccer games and concerts packed with more than 30,000 fans. Open during home football games, the Jeff Garcia Hall of Champions pays tribute to more than 300 former athletes and coaches, including pro football stars, golfers, and judo experts. Beyond the football team's keep, the other bastion of SJSU athletics, the Event Center, opened its doors in the late '80s to house men's and women's basketball contests as well as a weight room for students and a take-a-foam-finger, leave-a-foam-finger depository for fans. Spartan athletics maintains a high pedigree throughout their programs, including recent WAC championships for their men's and women's golf teams.