Like cliff diving or ferret ownership, football is an endeavor best watched from the sidelines. Witness acts of bodily bravery with this GrouponLive deal.
- One G-Pass to see a San Jose State Spartans home football game with post-game fireworks
- Where: Spartan Stadium
- Seating: San Jose State vs. Sacramento State - Section 130-133; San Jose State vs. Utah State - Section 130-131
- Door time: One hour before game time
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- $12 for one G-Pass for the game against the Sacramento State Hornets on Thursday, August 29, at 7 p.m. (a $24.50 value)
- $20 for one G-Pass for the game against the Utah State Aggies on Friday, September 27, at 6 p.m. (a $41.90 value)<p>
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
The Scouting Report
Following an impressive 11–2 campaign in 2012, the San Jose State Spartans charge into their first-ever season as a member of the Mountain West Conference on August 29. Under the guidance of first-year head coach Ron Caragher, the team looks to maintain a passing attack that ranked sixth in the FBS last season with 332.7 yards per game. The game against the Utah State Aggies on September 27 marks the inaugural clash between the MWC’s two newcomers, generating a palpable excitement that could finally make football a popular sport in America.
San Jose State Spartans
For the better part of a century, Spartan Stadium has been a cornerstone of San Jose State athletics and university life, hosting more than 300 home football games since 1933, as well as soccer games and concerts packed with more than 30,000 fans. Open during home football games, the Jeff Garcia Hall of Champions pays tribute to more than 300 former athletes and coaches, including pro football stars, golfers, and judo experts. Beyond the football team's keep, the other bastion of SJSU athletics, the Event Center, opened its doors in the late '80s to house men's and women's basketball contests as well as a weight room for students and a take-a-foam-finger, leave-a-foam-finger depository for fans. Spartan athletics maintains a high pedigree throughout their programs, including recent WAC championships for their men's and women's golf teams.