- One ticket to San Jose Youth Symphony’s Season Finale Concert
- When: Saturday, June 6, at 1 p.m.
- Where: The California Theatre
- Door time: noon
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $9 for orchestra seating (up to $16.52 value)
- $14 for balcony seating (up to $21.69 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
San Jose Youth Symphony’s Season Finale Concert
- Special Guest: Max Zorin, a Juilliard- and Yale-trained violinist who’s performed all around the world, including at Israel’s Tel Aviv University, Ukraine’s Philharmonic Hall of Odessa, and the U.S.’s Aspen Music Festival
- The Music: Chabrier’s España, an aural, full-orchestra homage to Spain that was inspired by his many visits, and Dvořák’s Symphony No. 9, nicknamed “The New World” for its sonic representation of the U.S. thanks to elements of Native-American rhythms, African-American spirituals, and traditional Scottish music
- Highlight: Lalo’s Symphonie Espagnole for Violin and Orchestra with Zorin at the violin bow
San Jose Youth Symphony
The San Jose Youth Symphony, founded in 1959 under the San Jose Symphony, incorporated as an independent, non-profit organization in 2002, providing musical education to thousands of local kids. Now comprising 11 groups of varying sizes and experience levels, the orchestras and instrumental ensembles perform in several regularly scheduled concerts every season, as well as a biennial international tour that gives the Philharmonic Orchestra the chance to travel to exotic locales and learn which countries have the fluffiest hotel towels.