- $7 for one student or senior orchestra ticket (up to $11.34 value)
- $10 for one adult orchestra ticket (up to $16.52 value)
San Jose Youth Symphony’s Philharmonic Orchestra
- The Occasion: This represents the Philharmonic Orchestra’s first concert of the year, featuring a solo performance by one of the winners of the 2016 Young Artists’ Competition.
- The Concert: This evening puts the focus on ever-popular tunes such as Johann Strauss’s Die Fledermaus and Ravel’s Boléro.
- The Featured Soloist: Luis Lechuga, an outstanding clarinetist from Valley Christian High School, performs Debussy’s Première Rhapsodie for Clarinet and Orchestra.
San Jose Youth Symphony
The San Jose Youth Symphony, founded in 1959 under the San Jose Symphony, incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2002, providing musical education to thousands of local kids. Now comprising 12 groups of varying sizes and experience levels, the orchestras and instrumental ensembles perform in several regularly scheduled concerts every season, as well as a biennial international tour that gives the Philharmonic Orchestra the chance to travel to exotic locales and learn which countries have the fluffiest hotel towels.