Playing baseball takes coordination, upper-body strength, and the courage to run counterclockwise even though that direction is normally only for the immoral and weak-hearted. See strong-willed Americans with this GrouponLive deal to see a San Rafael Pacifics game at Albert Park in San Rafael. For $18, you get a game-day package for two (up to a $38 total value), which includes:
- Two tickets for general-admission seating (up to a $12 value each)
- Two hot dogs (a $4 value each)
- Two sodas (a $3 value each)
Choose from the following games:
Against the Sonoma County Grapes on one of the following days:
- Tuesday, June 5, at 7:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 6, at 7:15 p.m.
- Saturday, June 9, at 7 p.m.
Against the Hawaii Stars on one of the following days:
- Monday, June 18, at 7:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 19, at 7:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 20, at 7:15 p.m.
Gates open one hour before each game.
Playing in the North American Baseball League, the Pacifics slide headfirst into their inaugural season as the first professional baseball team in Marin County's history. This past spring, open tryouts filled the team's roster with ballplayers hungry to prove themselves, including slugger Maikel Jova, who stares down pitchers with the ferocity of a manager yelling at the third-base coach for winning Charades. Covered in verdant grass and bordered by trees in the outfield, the family-friendly Albert Park could very well serve as an incubator for stardom; so far, more than 40 NAL alumni have reached the Major Leagues.