The horse and buggy was a popular method of early transportation, far surpassing the bug and buggy, which could barely move and was often destroyed by squeamish gunslingers. Glimpse more visually appealing transportation with today’s GrouponLive deal to Santa Anita Park in Arcadia. Today’s deal is valid for one race day from January 5 to February 26, excluding January 28. Tickets may be picked up at the box office the day of the event. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get a horseracing outing for two (up to a $47 value). The package includes the following:
- Two admissions to the racetrack’s clubhouse (up to a $17 value)
- Two box-seat tickets (up to a $15 value)
- Two programs (a $5 value)
$10 concessions voucher<p>
- For $38, you get a horseracing package for four (up to a $94 value). The package includes the following items:
- Four admissions to the racetrack’s clubhouse (up to a $34 value)
- Four box-seat tickets (up to a $30 value)
- Four programs (a $10 value)
$20 concessions voucher<p>
- For $56, you get a horseracing package for six (up to a $141 value). The package includes the following items:
- Six admissions to the racetrack’s clubhouse (up to a $51 value)
- Six box-seat tickets (up to a $45 value)
- Six programs (a $15 value)
- $30 concessions voucher<p>
Santa Anita Park thrills visitors with breathtaking scenery and warp-speed steeds, which gallop around its racetrack in a quest for fame and fortune. Rather than pay friends to ride rocking horses in the backyard, fans can witness equine events from box seats located near the finish line. Box seats do not have a dress code, allowing guests to don jeans, tracksuits, or mare-luring carrot costumes. Visitors can place wagers and admire the curve of the ovular track’s first turn at the adjacent clubhouse (wagers not included in today’s deal). Hungry groups will relish the track’s varied dining options, which include California fare at FrontRunner restaurant, carved sandwiches stacked with hand-sliced corned beef, or donuts made fresh at the park. Hit Paddock Gardens to watch the jockeys prep for the races, or stop by Champions! for an equestrian memento.
As renowned for its beautiful setting as its thundering races, the track stars as the setting in the HBO series Luck, featuring Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte. Themed promotions pepper the season’s calendar, including $2 beers and hot dogs on January 16 and February 20. Parents can turn race days into family outings by enjoying Santa Anita’s picnic areas and exploring its playground before enjoying lunches from feedbags.
Children 17 and younger receive free admission to regular-season races when accompanied by a parent, and seniors 62 and older receive free admission on Thursdays, though seats are not included in the free admission.
285 W Huntington Dr.
Arcadia, California 91007