What You'll Get
Every music fan dreams of being called up onto the stage at a concert to sing alongside their favorite vocalist, and, in a carefree moment, lift their elbows in rhythm. Be free with this deal.
- $50 for one G-Pass to see Sarah Brightman (up to a $103.75 value)
- When: Tuesday, October 1, at 8 p.m.
- Where: E.J. Thomas Hall at The University of Akron
- Seating: grand tier
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart. <p>
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app.
- Who she is: one of the world’s best-selling sopranos, a classical crossover artist, and the inspiration for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Phantom of the Opera
- Does that mean she was married to a monstrous musical genius?: no, just Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Her first pop success: breaking into the disco charts in 1978 with the sci-fi themed “I Lost My Heart to a Starship Trooper,” which she performed with the dance troupe Hot Gossip
- How long she’s been obsessed with outer space: since July 20, 1969, when she saw Neil Armstrong walk on the moon, and decided she too would one day orbit the earth
- Why she didn’t chase that dream: She did. She’s currently training for a 2015 journey to the International Space Station
- Is that why her new album, Dreamchaser, has an astronomical theme?: yes
- Songs on that album: Paul and Linda McCartney’s “Venus and Mars,” an English version of Sigur Ros’ “Glosoli” (which means “Glowing Sun”), and the original song “Angel”
- What she’ll do while in orbit: become the first professional musician to record a song off-planet, probably do some floating
- Can her fans come with?: no, but they can still reach new heights vicariously through her three-octave range
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 1, 2013. Limit 8 per person. G-Pass not redeemable with mobile app. Use for admission at E.J. Thomas Hall at The University of Akron on 10/1. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher\. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.