- One or two tickets to SAX-sational
- When: Saturday, January 10, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Irving Arts Center
- Best Available
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees.
- $12 for one ticket (up to $21.50 value)
- $20 for two tickets (up to $43 value)
Invented by Belgian musician Adolphe Sax in 1840, the saxophone revolutionized jazz, popular, and classical music to become the shiniest brass star of the woodwind family. To celebrate the history of the instrument and the music it has birthed, Rob Verdi (of Disneyland’s Side Street Strutters Jazz Band) offers a toe-tapping education in all things sax with SAX-sational. In addition to showing off and sharing the stories behind the rarest and strangest saxophones ever created, Verdi’s sax-o-showcase includes performances of saxy hits (which might include “Yakkity Sax” and “The Pink Panther Theme”), aided by Southlake Swing Band.